The Energy Efficiency Program Intern will primarily work within our Energy Efficiency Pod. The EE Pod works with utility partners, manufacturers, and retailers to bring energy savings to residential and commercial customers throughout the region. These utility programs involve thousands of products that save energy, water, and money for utility customers. We plan, implement, and market these utility programs from start to finish – this involves supporting retailers, implementing contracts with partners, keeping a pulse on newly emerging trends, planning events, developing signage for placement in retail stores, and more.
In the EE Pod, we are experts at excel spreadsheets, whizzes at email follow up, and tactile with data. We also love to educate the public about how great energy efficiency is for the earth, and for the wallet!
As an Energy Efficiency Program Intern, you will support the residential energy management and retail rebate programs for several Puget Sound area utilities, as well as other energy efficiency-focused programs.
You will work with the team to gain experience in the following:
- Energy Efficiency
- Learning about energy efficient products and checking them for qualification in the programs
- Using your newly budding Excel mastery to update qualifying products lists, etc.
- Updating C+C’s custom Salesforce-based CRM and products database
- Creating and updating agreements with retailers, manufacturers, and utility partners
- Managing material orders from the field
- Visiting retailers throughout the region to check on products or place materials
- Assisting management in development of quarterly reports and other metric reporting
- Following internal policies, processes, and practices
- Working with cross-departmental C+C teams
- Staffing events (within Energy Pod and throughout C+C programs)
- Assisting with additional projects as needed (could be anything from pitching media to drafting a client’s blog post)
- Covering the reception desk as needed
- Gathering and picking up materials in the company Prius or van
- Running errands for project support
- A passion for C+C’s work and willingness to perform tasks both large and small
- Interest in energy efficiency, data management, project management, and/or marketing
- Superior attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated writing skills (we will test your skill level!)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Retail experience preferred but not required
- Experience working with databases such as Salesforce a plus
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT C+C
You value inclusion, equity, and diversity and are open-minded and respectful. You genuinely care about our clients’ issues and our goal of doing good work. You view our work in your daily job through an equity lens. You are ego-free. You’re flexible, positive, forward-thinking, and passionate about results. You’re collaborative and value a work culture where awesome ideas can come from anywhere. You have a sense of humor. You’re kind.
HOW TO APPLY
Picking up what we’re putting down? Please send a resume and cover letter to HR@cplusc.com and reference “EE Intern” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please include a brief (300 words or less) response to the below:
- What intrigues you about working in the world of energy efficiency?
- Describe a project or situation where you needed to pay excellent attention to detail and the steps you took to ensure success.
This position is a full-time, paid internship at a rate of $16/hr, and we provide a public transit pass.Our interns are not eligible for medical benefits, but they do earn one hour of paid time off per 40 hours worked.
C+C is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. C+C is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
C+C will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We strive for visible and invisible diversity within our team and persons of color are encouraged to apply.