WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
C+C is looking for a motivated and proven public relations and communications professional to lead and grow our Boston office. The successful candidate will excel at building client relationships, mentoring teams, and growing new business across sectors. Experience integrating cross-office and cross-discipline is a plus.
The GM will lead teams in planning, implementing, and evaluating integrated communications campaigns aimed at raising awareness for clients making a positive impact in our communities. They will know how to build and lead an inspirational office culture that integrates and collaborates with C+C’s other offices and teams.
Ideal candidates have a strong understanding of public relations as well as complementary tactics like content marketing, advertising influencer relations and social media marketing. They love getting out into the community and making connections that bolster C+C’s reputation and lead to new business growth.
- Develop a strategic vision in collaboration with C+C’s owners for the Boston office and deliver on the objectives of the vision
- Lead new business proposals and pitches that result in new, mission-consistent work
- Build the C+C brand by networking with business, government, and nonprofit communities to find partners and secure relationships that lead to new business opportunities and an elevated visibility of C+C in the Boston community
- Lead, supervise, mentor, & grow the Boston team
- Develop and sustain strong client relationships (both current and prospective)
- Run large-scale client accounts and projects including leading the development of strategies for marketing and PR campaigns that achieve the client’s desired results
- Ensure the team accurately creates, manages, and tracks budgets
- Work seamlessly with cross-functional departments at C+C including creative and content, market intelligence, and multicultural
- Understand the media relations landscape and media trends nationally and in Boston – from national reporting to local newsroom staffing changes
- Ability to both advise teams on, and create, media pitch strategies and high impact press materials including press kits, releases and media advisories, client talking points, pitches
- Secure placements in national, regional and online consumer and trade media outlets
- Lead client media training for C-level executives and mentor junior staff in conducting media training
- 12+ years’ communications experience (agency time required)
- Proven track record of securing new business and growing existing client accounts
- Experience developing PR and integrated communications strategies and running teams that deliver results for large, multi-faceted client projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage, mentor and inspire staff
- Ability to guide the ship in a rapidly moving environment
- Highly organized with strong problem-solving skills
- Environmental and other social issues expertise desired, but not required
- Great relationship building with teammates and clients
- Strong and effective writing, communication and presentation skills
- Strong local and national media relationships and experience and proven track record of securing coverage in print and online media, and broadcast
- Ability to identify storylines and topics that will garner media coverage
- A four-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Effective with Microsoft Office– Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Strong sector knowledge preferred (biotech, healthcare, education or CSR)
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Willing to consistently challenge assumptions and stereotypes when recognized
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT C+C
You genuinely care about our clients’ issues and our goal of doing good work. You value inclusion, equity, and diversity, are open-minded and respectful and view our work in your daily job through an equity lens. You are ego-free. You’re flexible, positive, forward-thinking, and passionate about results. You’re collaborative and value a work culture where awesome ideas can come from anywhere. You have a sense of humor. You’re kind.
HOW TO APPLY
Picking up what we’re putting down? Send your resume and cover letter to HR@cplusc.com and reference “GM East” in the subject line.
C+C is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. C+C is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
C+C will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We strive for visible and invisible diversity within our team and persons of color are encouraged to apply.