Senior Account Executive
Are you a results-oriented, organized communications pro with experience creating and managing PR or campaigns? Are you passionate about energy and climate issues, experienced in equity issues and communicating with multi-cultural audiences? If you’re interested in changing behaviors for good and fantastic at building relationships, we should talk. Soon. We’re planning to move quickly, so if this looks like the right opportunity for you, send your application over today!
C+C is a leading full-service communications agency with offices in Portland, Seattle, and Boston; serving a variety of public and private sector clients. Our work includes a strong commitment to reaching traditionally underserved audiences. We work with clients that positively impact their communities by inspiring people to choose energy-efficient lighting and appliances; opt for sustainable seafood; take public transit; save water; recycle; compost; and practice COVID-safe behaviors, and that’s just some of our work. C+C was named PR Week’s 2018 Outstanding Small Agency of the Year and the 2018 Boutique Agency of the year by the Holmes Report.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
C+C Portland is looking for a Senior Account Executive (SAE) who has experience communicating with multicultural or traditionally underserved audiences, an interest in energy and climate issues, and a track record of delivering great results while maintaining great relationships. This person will work with, and lead, account teams that support C+C clients’ communications campaigns. Day-to-day responsibilities could include development of PR and marketing strategy plans, writing content for social, web and media use, pitching media, and creating project budgets and timelines. This work includes both business-to-business and business-to-consumer communication campaigns.
The ideal SAE candidate will have 4-6 years of experience, including experience working in an agency environment, with the ability to directly manage client projects. This person must be detail-oriented, work well in a fast-paced environment, have strong writing and editing skills (messaging, press releases, newsletters, blog posts, tweets, etc.,) and great interpersonal skills. Candidates with relevant communications experience in government agencies, campaigns or media organizations are also encouraged to apply.
- Work with internal and external (client) teams to plan, implement and evaluate communications campaigns
- Write content for a variety of materials including: press releases, press materials, social media, blog posts, messaging
- Identify media-worthy story angles, appropriate media targets and pitch stories to media
- Act as lead contact and project manager for agency accounts
- Manage client budgets and timelines
- Plan and facilitate client meetings
- Create high-level reports, presentations and other business communications
- Supervise and mentor junior staff
- A four-year college degree
- Four to six years’ communications, PR, public affairs or marketing experience (agency experience preferred)
- Demonstrated writing skills (yes, we will test you!)
- Great relationship-building skills
- Experience acting as the lead on communications projects
- Ability and love of multi-tasking; excellent organization skills
- Ability to work in and adapt to an environment with multiple deadlines and changing priorities
- Subject matter expertise in one/any of our agency’s specialties preferred: energy efficiency, climate issues, transportation, sustainable food, health, technology
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with media and an understanding of the media landscape strongly preferred
- Multicultural communications expertise strongly preferred
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT C+C
You value inclusion and equity and are open-minded and respectful. You genuinely care about our clients’ issues and our goal of doing good work. You are ego-free. You’re flexible, positive, forward-thinking, and passionate about results. You’re collaborative and value a work culture where awesome ideas can come from anywhere (yes, even interns!). You have a sense of humor. You’re kind.
C+C provides a competitive salary with full benefits and the opportunity to work with a great team and change the world for the better.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “PDX-SAE” in the subject line.
C+C is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. C+C strives to dismantle the effects of organized unconscious bias and actively works against systemic racism to create an environment that attracts diverse talent, provides equitable opportunities for advancement and values and respects employees’ unique perspectives, cultures and beliefs.