Senior Account Executive - Public Relations
While all current positions have the option of starting fully remotely, our offices are available for all employees to work from on a voluntary basis. Once we announce a return to office date for 2022 (still TBD), all local employees will have the option of working a minimum of two days and maximum of 5 days in the office.
This role is open in our Boston office, but are open to this being a fully remote role for the right candidate. While your primary working hours will be east coast based, you will collaborate with clients and colleagues on the west coast and across other US time zones.
C+C is an award-winning integrated marketing agency all about changing behaviors for good. We help our clients motivate people to embrace a variety of social and environmental actions. Like choosing an energy-efficient appliance. Applying for college programs. Getting the COVID-19 vaccine. Making good financial decisions. Taking public transit. Saving water. Basically, doing things to make the world a better place.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
C+C Boston is looking for a motivated, highly organized Senior Account Executive (SAE) who excels at media relations, PR strategy and writing, and who loves to run and support a wide variety of client projects with the perfect balance of great results and great relationships. The primary function of the position will be working in a team to support C+C clients’ campaigns, with a strong focus on media relations. However, duties will also span into planning and implementing integrated PR and marketing campaigns aimed at raising awareness for clients making a positive impact in our communities. This includes working with C+C’s cross-functional teams (creative, content, multicultural, research) to build and execute campaigns with many components including events, social media, advertising, video, as well as PR.
This position will fill both support and lead roles, depending on the project. The SAE must be detail-oriented, work well in a fast-paced environment, and have strong project management, writing and editing skills.
- Work with internal & external team, including cross-functional and sub-contractors, to plan, implement, and evaluate integrated PR and social marketing campaigns
- Develop public relations/media relations strategy based on client goals and objectives
- Own client relationships
- Manage client budget and timelines
- Plan and run media events
- Write content for a variety of materials including: press releases and media advisories, press materials, client talking points, newsletters, blog posts, etc.
- Pitch consumer and trade media and deliver placements and flawless story follow through
- Conduct media training of spokespeople and staff media interviews
- Work with and lead internal account teams to meet client deadlines including supervising junior staff in support of client work
- Create high-level reports
- Manage production of creative projects and events (e.g., collateral materials, organizing staffing, creating logistics plans, etc.)
- At least five years’ marketing and communications experience (agency experience preferred)
- Great relationship skills with teammates and clients
- Ability to proactively identify the tactics needed to jump start client projects
- Experience acting as the point person for clients on PR projects
- Fluency with social media tactics and trends
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Experience developing PR strategy for client initiatives and campaigns
- Strong media relationships and experience
- Ability to identify storylines and topics that would garner media coverage
- Ability and love of multi-tasking; excellent organization skills
- Resourcefulness and a focus on seeing the work through to the end
- A four-year college degree, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work and maintain calm in a rapidly moving environment while being solution-oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Office– Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- A sense of humor!
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT C+C
If the following metrics of success sing to you, then we think you’ll really love being part of our team. Here’s what we provide to our C+C team, and what we expect from everyone here:
- We have a diverse mix of work that is good for people, our community and our planets. Our team genuinely cares about our clients’ issues, our goal of doing good work and the success of the agency.
- We create a work culture that is collaborative, team-oriented and provides an environment where awesome ideas can come from anywhere. We are committed to continual growth in our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion practices.
- We provide a healthy benefits package, and a clear compensation structure for each role.
- We facilitate and encourage regular feedback, along with career pathway conversations designed to help you and your manager create a development plan for your continued growth.
- We hire employees who:
- value inclusion, equity, and diversity and are open-minded and respectful
- are ego-free
- are flexible, positive, and forward-thinking
- are passionate about results
- have a sense of humor
- are kind, welcoming, and helpful
ARE YOU PICKING UP WHAT WE’RE PUTTING DOWN?
We’d love to hear from you. Please apply with your resume and cover letter by clicking here.
This is a full-time, salaried position with a full benefits package. Starting annual salary from $65,000-$82,000 plus bonus. We provide work from home set-up as needed.
C+C is required to have all staff comply with the COVID-19 vaccine mandate as a condition of employment. This mandate applies regardless of office/remote work location. Accommodation can be made for employees who have medical conditions or sincerely held religious belief that would preclude vaccination.
C+C is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. C+C will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We strive for visible and invisible diversity within our team. People of color are encouraged to apply, as are candidates who identify as people historically not treated equitably.