Utility Solutions Program Admin Intern
The Utility Solutions Intern will work primarily within our Utility Solutions Pod at C+C. The US Pod works with utility partners, manufacturers, distributors and retailers to bring energy savings to residential and commercial customers throughout the region. These utility programs involve thousands of products that save energy, water, and money for utility customers. We plan, implement, and market these programs from start to finish – this involves supporting retailers and distributors, setting up contracts, keeping a pulse on newly emerging trends, planning events, developing signage for placement in retail stores, and so much more.
In the US Pod, we are experts at spreadsheets, whizzes at partner communication, and tactile with data. We also love to educate the public about how great energy efficiency is for the earth and for the wallet!
This position will begin in a work from home capacity until we are safely able to reopen our Seattle office. When we are able to reopen our office, we ask that you be available for a hybrid or in office schedule. Please note that even before our office reopens, there may be some errands and field visits in the Seattle and Puget Sound area. For any such activity, appropriate PPE will be provided and the highest precautions will be taken to ensure both personal comfort and risk minimization.
As a Utility Solutions Intern, you will support energy management and rebate programs for several Washington utilities, as well as other energy efficiency-focused programs.
You will work with the team to gain experience in the following:
- Learning about energy-efficient products and checking them for program qualification
- Using your budding Excel mastery to update qualifying products lists, run reports, etc.
- Updating C+C’s custom Salesforce-based CRM and products database
- Creating and updating agreements with retailers, manufacturers, and utility partners
- Managing material orders from the field and coordinating vendor orders
- Occasional visits to retailers and distributors throughout the region to check on products or place materials
- Assisting management in development of quarterly reports and other metric reporting
- Following internal policies, processes, and practices
Working with cross-departmental C+C teams
- Staffing events (within US Pod and throughout C+C programs; only when public events are safely permitted under Washington State’s phased re-opening plan)
- Assisting with additional projects as needed (could be anything from pitching media to drafting a client’s blog post)
- Covering the reception desk as needed when Seattle office reopens
- Gathering and picking up materials in the company Prius or van
- Running errands for project support
- Providing help to our regional field team on an as needed basis
- Ability to work remotely with impeccable communication and follow through
- A self-starter who takes initiative and can deliver without continual oversight
- A passion for C+C’s work and willingness to perform tasks both large and small
- Interest in energy efficiency, data management, project management, and/or marketing
- Superior attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated writing skills (we will test your skill level!)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with databases such as Salesforce a plus
- Experience with Python or Tableau is preferred but not required
- Valid driver’s license
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT C+C
You value inclusion, equity, diversity, are open-minded and respectful. You genuinely care about our clients’ issues and our goal of doing good work. You view our work in your daily job through the lens of equity. You are ego-free. You’re flexible, positive, forward-thinking, and passionate about results. You’re collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anywhere. You have a sense of humor. You’re kind.
HOW TO APPLY
Picking up what we’re putting down? Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “US POD Admin Intern” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please include a brief (300 words or less) response to the below:
- What intrigues you about working in the world of energy efficiency?
- Describe a project or situation where you needed to pay excellent attention to detail and the steps you took to ensure success.
This position is a full-time, paid internship at $18/hr, and we provide a public transit pass. Our interns are not eligible for medical benefits, but they do earn one hour of paid time off per 40 hours worked.
C+C is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. C+C is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
C+C will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We strive for visible and invisible diversity within our team and persons of color are encouraged to apply.
As a federal contractor, C+C is required to have all staff comply with the COVID-19 vaccine mandate as a condition of employment. This mandate applies regardless of office/remote work location. Accommodation can be made for employees who have medical conditions or sincerely held religious belief that would preclude vaccination.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Pay: $18.00 per hour